Clare joined the firm in 2011 after serving as an Associate to His Honour Judge Andrews SC and His Honour Judge Dorney QC in the District Court, Brisbane. Her work as a Legal Associate gave her an invaluable foundation in legal research and court processes. She was admitted to practice as a solicitor in June 2011 after completing her law degree at the Queensland University of Technology and in 2012 was admitted to the High Court of Australia. Clare also holds a Bachelor of Science majoring in Biomedical from the University of Queensland.
Clare works with Vicki Jackson in the areas of Family Law, Wills and Deceased Estates as well as Rural Conveyancing. She is experienced in the following areas:
- Property settlements
- Parenting disputes
- Appearing as advocates for clients in domestic violence proceedings
- Attending with clients as advocate at mediations and conciliation conferences
- Appearing in the Federal Circuit Court for clients in parenting and property proceedings
- Estate administration (including Grants of Probate and administration of deceased estates);
- Family Provisions Claims against a deceased estate
- Drafting Wills and Powers of Attorney
- Rural and Residential conveyancing
- QCAT Applications for administration/guardianship
She provides practical advice to her clients and identifies issues and develops positive strategies that lead to timely and commercially favourable conclusions. Clare enjoys working with her clients to achieve their objectives in a practical and realistic manner.
Clare is an active member of the Central Queensland Law Association and held the office of secretary in 2014. She is also a member of the Queensland Law Society.
Clare has a rural background and resides on a cattle property north of Rockhampton. Outside the law, Clare enjoys travelling and has an adventurous spirit which has taken her to many corners of the globe.