Building and Construction Law
We advise and assist homeowners, commercial building owners, builders and contractors at all stages of the construction process. We are able to assist with drafting, negotiating and ensuring the proper performance of construction contracts. We also have expertise in building and construction related litigation and dispute resolution.
Parties seeking to enforce rights under a construction contract can be confronted with a range of options for resolving disputes. We can provide you with practical, commercial solutions.
We can assist with:
- Negotiating terms and conditions
- Contract preparation
- Contract disputes
- claims for payment for work under the Building and Construction Industry Payments Act 2004 (Qld);
- claims of charges under the Subcontractors’ Charges Act 1974 (Qld);
- making complaints to the Queensland Building and Construction Commission;
- building and construction related proceedings in a range of tribunals and courts.