Skip to content

South Geldard Lawyers


Assessing Contributions in a Property Settlement

It is common during a marriage or de facto relationship that the husband, wife or partner made a greater financial contribution through their initial contributions to the marriage or relationship, during the marriage and even following separation.

Men Using Laptop

Business Interruption Insurance – Test Case

If your business has suffered financially during the pandemic, and you have business interruption insurance, you may be interested to follow the progress of a test case launched through the NSW Supreme Court system by the  Insurance Industry and Financial Services Ombudsman.

jobkeeper updates

Jobkeeper Extension Update

The recent Federal Court decision in Brett Cattle Company Pty Ltd v Minister for Agriculture [2020] FCA 732 (‘Brett Cattle’) has implications for future decisions by Federal government ministers in relation to not only the live cattle industry, but also other enterprises.

Family Provision Claim

What is a Family Provision Claim?

A Family Provision Claim (FPA) refers to a claim which a person can make against a deceased estate if they have been left out of a will or have not received sufficient for what is described by the law as their “proper maintenance and support”.


Do I have to Leave our House when we Separate?

Usually on the breakdown of a relationship, one party moves out of the matrimonial home, leaving the other party to continue to reside in the property. But what happens if neither party wants to leave or one party wants to ‘evict’ the other?